Jose Minarro, SVP of Customs at Transplace, discusses the following questions and more in this timely and informative episode:
- Has the impact NAFTA has had on US-Mexico trade since it went into effect in 1994 been mostly positive or mostly negative? In what ways?
- What are some of the most significant changes or updates between NAFTA and the new USMCA agreement?
- Does the new agreement cover e-commerce related trade? What are some of the e-commerce related updates?
- When you compare the existing NAFTA agreement with this new USMCA one, do you see it as an overall improvement? In what ways?
- If I’m a manufacturer or retailer engaged in cross-border trade with Mexico, what do I need to do in response to these changes? How can a logistics service provider help me navigate this new operating reality?
- What’s the most important thing companies should take away from this new agreement and what’s the most important thing they can do today in response?
Podcast version (click to play):