John Carey, VP at MercuryGate, and Al Toliver, Chief Logistics Officer at Redwood Logistics, discuss the following questions and more in this timely and informative episode:
- What are you hearing from shippers in terms of the challenges they’re facing in their day-to-day operations?
- What are some of the hurdles or roadblocks shippers have to overcome to effectively address these challenges or to achieve their objectives?
- Why do some companies fall short of achieving their expected TMS benefits?
- If TMS by itself is not a silver bullet, then what else is needed to extract maximum and ongoing value from a TMS?
- How can technology vendors, logistics service providers, and shippers work more collaboratively together achieve and sustain transportation savings?
- What’s required from a technology standpoint, and what’s required from a service provider standpoint, to help shippers keep pace with this change and help them achieve ongoing benefits from a TMS?
- What questions should shippers ask themselves to assess whether they have all of the pieces required to extract maximum and ongoing value from a TMS?
Podcast version (click to play):