Jeremy Becker, Senior Manager Supply Chain Consulting at Transplace addresses the following questions and more in this timely and informative episode:
- What is last-mile delivery? What does it encompass?
- Why so much buzz about last-mile delivery today? What factors are driving it?
- How is this segment of the transportation market different from the others?
- Any special considerations when it comes to finding service providers?
- Based on your experience working with clients in this area, what are some leading practices or lessons learned that other shippers should consider?
- What role does a 3PL play in this whole process?
- How do you see last-mile delivery evolving over the next few years?
- What questions should shippers ask themselves to assess whether they have all of the pieces in place to succeed with last-mile delivery?
Podcast version (click to play):