Julian Duerschmidt, VP Global Supply Chain Optimization at GEODIS, discusses the following questions and more in this timely and informative episode:
- Why has achieving global end-to-end supply chain visibility been such a challenging goal to achieve. What are some of the big hurdles and blind spots?
- What’s the definition of “real-time” visibility and how is it being enabled today, especially when so many supply chain processes still leverage EDI, which is anything but real-time?
- How should companies get started on this journey to achieving global end-to-end supply chain visibility? What are some of the building blocks or foundational capabilities required?
- Can you share some examples of how companies are leveraging global supply chain visibility to deliver quantifiable business benefits?
- What questions should companies ask themselves to assess whether they’re a leader or laggard when it comes to global end-to-end supply chain visibility?
Podcast version (click to play):