There has been a significant resurgence of the U.S. oil and gas industry in recent years, and U.S. is now second leading producer of oil (behind Saudi Arabia). Based on the current trends, North America could rival OPEC in oil and production. This growth along with the complexities found in the oil and gas industry can create significant transportation and logistics challenges. Alaster Love, Vice President, Oil & Gas at Transplace shares insights on the modal and regulatory complexities found in oil and gas supply chains, and strategies for companies in this space to optimize their operations, such as:
- Establishing a centralized “Control Tower” for collaborating with district level execution
- Leveraging Business Intelligence to provide visibility, monitor route guide compliance info, provide carrier score carding and track performance
- Implementing proven procurement processes for oilfield trucking
- Utilizing sand and production water transportation solutions
- Employing software-as-a-service TMS technology to achieve district level visibility
After watching, post a question or comment for Alaster and keep the conversation going!