With many folks on vacation today for the holiday weekend, we’ll go straight to this week’s supply chain and logistics news without commentary.
- Truckers Swift and Knight to Merge (WSJ – sub. req’d)
- Elon Musk says Tesla will unveil its electric semi truck in September (The Verge)
- Amazon’s Free Shipping Pushes Small Retailers, Delivery Firms to Compete (WSJ – sub. req’d)
- Online Retailers’ New Warehouses Heat Up Local Job Markets (WSJ – sub. req’d)
- Wal-Mart offers discounts for online orders picked up in store (Reuters)
- JD.com to build 150 operation sites for drone delivery in SW China (ChinaDaily.com)
- Marble and Yelp Eat24 start robot food delivery in San Francisco (TechCrunch)
- Kuehne + Nagel strengthens ties with Alibaba (American Shipper)
- WTO: Trade recovery expected in 2017 and 2018, amid policy uncertainty
- Catastrophe looms at ports after Brexit, shipping industry warns (The Guardian)
- ELD, speed limiter opponents draw ire of Trucking Alliance (Trucker.com)
- February 2017 Freight Transportation Services Index (TSI)
Have a happy weekend!
Song of the Week: “Long Time” by Blondie