Geoff Milsom, Senior Director at enVista, discusses the following questions and more in this timely and informative episode:
- Can you elaborate on why a successful transportation management system (TMS) implementation actually begins before a TMS is even selected?
- Who should be involved in the TMS selection process? How long should it take? And is it just about checking off all of the functionality boxes in the RFP?
- What questions should companies ask themselves to make sure the implementation goes as smoothly as possible?
- In your experience, what are the main reasons projects go over budget and run behind schedule
- Has software-as-a-service (SaaS) made TMS implementations easier or harder, or are the rules for success the same as for in-house implementations?
- Are there any other leading practices or recommendations you would offer to companies to maximize their probability for success in implementing a TMS?
Podcast version (click to play):