Greetings from Death Valley, CA.
Thanks to the support of our Century Team Sponsors (BluJay Solutions, C.H. Robinson, and Descartes Systems Group), our Team Water Bottle Sponsor (enVista), and our friends and family, our team has raised $67,345 as of this morning!
(It’s not too late to help us reach our $75K goal — you can still donate today!)
After breakfast and a safety meeting this morning, we will be doing a “tune up” ride to make sure our bikes (and bodies) are ready for the challenge tomorrow. And of course, we will be hydrating and fueling throughout the day.
I’ll share some photos and stories next week. In the meantime, here’s the supply chain and logistics news that caught my attention this week:
- Fred Smith Created FedEx. Now He Has to Reinvent It. (WSJ – sub. req’d)
- Amazon’s new weapon to crush competition: $1 items delivered for free — by tomorrow (recode)
- UK and EU strike new Brexit deal in last-ditch talks (CNBC)
- One Network Enterprises Delivers Product and Service Enhancements to Its Supply Chain Business Network for the Logistics Industry
- GlobalTranz Continues to Accelerate Growth with Third Acquisition this Year
- Flexport Acquires Crux Systems to Give Clients Advanced Shipment Visibility
- Realtime Robotics scores $11.7M Series A to help robots avoid collisions (TechCrunch)
- Polte raises $12.5 million to track devices using LTE signal (TechCrunch)
- UPS Launches On-Demand Self-Storage Service
- Warehowz and Estes Express Announce Partnership with Investment and Integration of Sales
- Drawn by the Salary, Women Flock to Trucking (WSJ – sub. req’d)
- Cat-Litter Rivals Pounce on New Shipping Strategies (WSJ – sub. req’d)
Since I’m short on time this morning, I’ll share my commentary next week.
Have a fun weekend!
Song of the Week: “The Painted Desert” by 10,000 Maniacs