“Does everybody have a mask?”
It’s the last question my wife or I ask our teenage kids these days before we pull out of the garage to venture out somewhere.
Many years ago, when the kids were all little, we would often ask, “Does everybody have shoes on?” before we drove away. Why would a child climb into a car without putting their shoes on? It happens more than you think, just ask my son who found himself walking barefoot for a day.
What will we ask next? I can’t imagine.
Here’s the supply chain and logistics news that caught my attention this week.
- Walmart’s Amazon Prime competitor will launch in July (recode)
- Stop & Shop to Accelerate Omnichannel Growth With Three New Warerooms and At Least 50 Additional Pickup Locations by Year-End
- Blue Yonder and Uber Freight Partner to Accelerate Digital Transformation in the Supply Chain
- Optimal Dynamics raises $4M seed round to transform logistics industry (AJOT)
- Cosco Strikes Blockchain Pact for Ocean Cargo With Alibaba, Ant (WSJ – sub. req’d)
- Command Alkon and Ruckit Form Collaboration Partnership to Automate Data Entry and Invoice Reconciliation for Heavy Construction Materials
- Taulia Secures Strategic Investments from Ping An, J.P. Morgan and Prosperity7 Ventures
- Logistics Leader Visible Supply Chain Management Acquires Dallas-based TriCon to Round Out Its Offering
- U.S. Customs Officials Target Suspected Forced Labor From China’s Xinjiang Region (WSJ – sub. req’d)
- Shippers, NVOs face tougher credit terms as virus risks bite (Journal of Commerce)
- FTR Reports Preliminary North American Class 8 Net Orders for June Rebound to 15,500 Units
I’m on borrowed time this morning, so I’ll share my commentary next week.
Have a happy weekend!
Song of the Week: “Wait for It” by Leslie Odom Jr. (Original Broadway Cast of Hamilton)