This coming Monday will mark the four year anniversary since I left the comfort of a relatively secure job and paycheck to start my own business. As I wrote earlier this year, it’s been like rolling a large boulder uphill, day after day, but every minute and ounce of energy I expend to reach that summit, where I am the master of my own destiny and the only people who can fire me are my clients, is fulfilling beyond words.
To all of my clients, thank you for your continued support and trust, for making this dream and journey possible.
To all of my readers and followers, thank you for your time and interest, your comments and feedback, which keep me motivated and energized.
And to my family and friends, thank you for your love and patience, especially when I get my priorities mixed up.
I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.
As you know, we publish our “This Week in Logistics News” every Friday, and I’m always curious to see which news item gets the most clicks every week. So, here are the most clicked news items over the past ten weeks (we did not publish on September 22). What conclusions, if any, can you draw from this list? Would you like us to report this information more frequently moving forward? Post a comment and let us know!
- Week of November 17, 2014: Descartes Acquires Airclic
- Week of November 10, 2014: Amazon to begin testing same-day delivery drones in Cambridge (The Guardian)
- Week of November 3, 2014: Starbucks just announced big news about delivery (CNBC)
- Week of October 27, 2014: JDA Software Unveils New Brand Identity, Logo, and “Plan to Deliver” Tagline
- Week of October 20, 2014: Transplace Releases New Transportation Optimization Technology
- Week of October 13, 2014: Teamsters Make History With First Ever Organizing Victory at FedEx Freight
- Week of October 6, 2014: Amazon to Open First Brick-and-Mortar Site (WSJ – sub req’d)
- Week of September 29, 2014: Kewill Acquires the IBM® Sterling Transportation Management System (TMS)
- Week of September 15, 2014: Infor Aligns With MercuryGate To Strengthen Transportation Management
- Week of September 8, 2014: Whole Foods Market and Instacart partner to offer one-hour delivery across 15 major U.S. cities