Building a strong transportation management foundation is a critical pre-requisite for companies to execute their supply chain strategies and achieve their growth and financial objectives. In this first episode of an educational series focused on the link between transportation management and supply chain excellence, Chris Timmer from LeanLogistics outlines the attributes of a strong transportation management foundation and how to build it. Watch as Chris discusses:
- The components of an effective transportation management strategy
- How to develop and manage successful carrier relationships
- The need for well-defined Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and business processes
- How to leverage the right metrics and carrier scorecards to manage performance
- The role of technology in enabling smart and efficient processes
After watching, post a question or comment for Chris and keep the conversation going!