Today’s post was easy to write. I just copied and pasted what I wrote last year, and the year before that, on this day before Memorial Day weekend:
As you read this, I’ll be driving to a baseball tournament with my oldest son, where we’ll spend the entire holiday weekend on baseball fields — practicing, playing, and cheering — with his teammates and many other teams from the region.
As I write this, it’s close to midnight and I haven’t packed yet, so I’ll leave you, without commentary, with the news that caught my attention this week.
- SOLAS: Shipping Regulator Calls for Delay in Container-Weight Enforcement (WSJ – sub. req’d)
- Logistics Companies Exploring Sales as Sector’s Growth Slows (WSJ – sub. req’d)
- Sellers who use Fulfillment by Amazon consider their options after a fee hike notice (Internet Retailer)
- 3GTMS Announces Technology Partnership and Shipping System Integration with ADSI
- Trucking groups announce Park My Truck app set to release in late summer (Overdrive)
- House panel advances transpo bill with trucking riders (The Hill)
- ATA Truck Tonnage Index Fell 2.1% in April
- FTR Shippers Conditions Index for March Falls after Four Consecutive Months of Improvement
- March 2016 North American Freight Numbers
Have a happy weekend!
Song of the Week: “Born in the USA” by Bruce Springsteen