Ben Cubitt, Senior Vice President, Consulting & Engineering at Transplace addresses the following questions and more in this timely and informative episode:
- What are Electronic Logging Devices (ELDs)? Why have they received so much attention this year
- Are carriers well on the way to meeting the mandate or are they procrastinating? Any differences between large and small carriers?
- Any insight as to why smaller carriers have lagged behind larger carriers? Is it mainly cost or are there other factors?
- Have carriers experienced (or expect to experience) any impact to capacity or utilization?
- Has the ELD mandate caused carriers and drivers to leave industry, and if so, why?
- Are shippers asking carriers if they’re ELD compliant during procurement engagements? How important is ELD compliance for shippers in carrier selection?
Podcast version (click to play):