There’s a growing discussion today about how companies need to look at the various processes that have historically been called supply chain management through a different lens — namely, a global trade network lens.
- What’s the difference between the traditional supply chain model and a global trade network model?
- Why is making this transformation important today? What factors are driving it?
- How do you get supply chain organizations, as well as upper management, to change their mindset and get them to start thinking and acting through a network-based lens?
- Are new types of technology solutions or capabilities required?
- What are some of the benefits companies are achieving by taking a network-based perspective and approach?
Doug Surrett, Chief Product Strategist at Kewill, answers those questions and more in this timely and informative episode.
Podcast version (click to play):