Frank McGuigan, President and Chief Operating Officer at Transplace, addresses the following questions and more in this timely and informative episode:
- What have been the main drivers of all the M&A activity in transportation and logistics in recent years?
- What makes transportation and logistics so attractive to investment firms?
- What makes a good acquisition target? What are the main attributes that acquiring companies in the logistics industry look for?
- Are the rules for success in the 3PL industry changing and is that also fueling M&A activity?
- What does this consolidation within the industry mean for the customers? What are the potential benefits — and potential risks — for them?
- Do you see M&A activity increasing in the months ahead? Any big surprises?
Podcast version (click to play):