JP Wiggins, Co-Founder & Vice President of Logistics at 3Gtms addresses the following questions and more in this timely and informative episode:
- What are some key factors or trends that are making transportation management systems (TMS) more important than ever today for companies in the food industry?
- Why are many food companies still not using a TMS?
- Are the barriers to acquiring and implementing a TMS starting to come down?
- Is cost savings the main justification for implementing a TMS or are there other factors driving adoption today?
- Which TMS capabilities are becoming more important for food companies today? In other words, what capabilities should food shippers look for in a TMS to achieve the greatest cost and service benefits?
- If I’m a transportation or logistics executive at a food company and I have five minutes with the CEO and CFO of my company to make a case for implementing a TMS, what should I emphasize?
Podcast version (click to play):