Matt Lewis, VP of Business Development at GEODIS discusses the following questions and more in this timely and important episode:
- What defines and differentiates 4PL from other outsourcing models?
- Is the 4PL approach a one-size-fits-all model where a manufacturer or retailer hands over their entire logistics operations to a third-party to plan and manage? How much flexibility is there in 4PL relationships?
- Is going the 4PL route a one-way street? That is, are you able to bring some or all of your operations back in-house if you decide to do so in the future?
- What are companies looking for today in a 4PL relationship? What attributes or capabilities are most important? How have these expectations changed over the years?
- What defines a successful 4PL-customer relationship? What are the key ingredients that both parties need to bring into the relationship?
- What questions should supply chain and logistics executives ask themselves to determine if establishing a 4PL relationship is the right path for them to take to achieve their objectives?
Podcast version (click to play):