Angie Freeman, Chief Human Resources Officer at C.H. Robinson, discusses the following questions and more in this timely and informative episode:
- Why is talent management so important in logistics today?
- What trends are impacting the way companies approach talent management today?
- Are the skills and capabilities hiring managers look for today in candidates different than they were in the past? Which skills, knowledge, and experiences are becoming more important?
- Is attracting young professionals to the industry a real challenge? How can logistics companies break the misconceptions that might exist about the industry and compete for talent in this market?
- How should companies approach employee training, development, and retention today? What are some important considerations? Can you share with us some examples of what you’re doing at C.H. Robinson?
- What new challenges — or opportunities — do you see on the horizon related to talent management?
- What questions should companies and supply chain and logistics leaders ask themselves to assess whether their approach to talent management is aligned with what it takes to succeed in today’s market?
Podcast version (click to play):