Please visit our updated list for 2023!
Editor’s Note: This is one of the most popular posts we publish every year: our list of supply chain and logistics events to attend in the year ahead. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, many of these events were either cancelled or held as virtual events in 2021. This year’s list remains a work in progress. With the current surge in COVID-19 cases, plans may change for these conferences, especially for those scheduled in the first quarter. Therefore, please check the event websites for the latest updates. Also, if you have a favorite industry conference not included on the list, please contact us or post it in the comments.
Peer-to-peer learning and networking is more important than ever for supply chain and logistics professionals. Conferences, whether they occur in-person or virtually, are a great example of peer-to-peer learning in action. However, with so many options available, how do you decide which ones to attend? As I’ve shared in the past, here are three questions you should ask yourself:
1. Does the conference agenda align with the key initiatives I’m working on? Simply put, give priority to events where you will walk away with knowledge and information that you can immediately apply at your company to get your job done better and faster. And if you require the support of your technology and 3PL partners to accomplish your initiatives, then you should attend their user conferences and schedule meetings with their senior executives to let them know what’s working well and what improvements they can make to better serve you.
2. Will I learn something new, particularly in an area that I don’t know much about today but is critically important for my career and leadership development? If you’re a transportation professional, for example, and all you know is transportation, your opportunities for advancement are limited compared to someone who has a broader supply chain perspective. So, go ahead, attend a session on Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP), supply chain risk management, business intelligence and analytics, or other areas outside your comfort zone to brighten your horizon.
3. Does the event promote peer-to-peer learning and networking or will I spend most of my time sitting through numerous PowerPoint presentations? In my experience, events that enable attendees to share knowledge and advice with each other (via small breakout sessions, for example) instead of just sitting through an endless stream of PowerPoint presentations, provide the greatest learning value.
As we begin 2022, take another look at your budget and calendar and make sure you’re not skimping on talent and leadership development this year.
Below is a short list of the supply chain and logistics conferences scheduled for 2022. I’ve attended many of them in previous years, often as a speaker, and I’ve always walked away with some great insights and new business connections. Here are a couple of posts I wrote last year sharing my takeaways from various conferences:
- Manhattan Momentum Connect 2021: TMS In The Spotlight
- Transplace Shipper Symposium: Transformation And Innovation
I hope to see many of you, either virtually or in-person, at one or more of the following conferences this coming year. If you’re an event organizer and are interested in having me speak at your conference, please contact me.
Happy learning and networking in 2022!
Vendor Conferences (alphabetical order)
- Blue Yonder: ICON 2022, May 23-25, Orlando, FL
- Coupa: Inspire 2022, April 4-7, Las Vegas, NV
- E2open: Connect 2022, March 14-17, Orlando, FL
- Dematic: Material Handling & Logistics Conference, TBA
- Descartes Systems Group: Evolution 2022, TBA, typically in spring
- Korber: Elevate 2022, March 13-16, San Diego, CA
- Infor: Inforum Digital, Virtual, January 25-26
- Manhattan Associates: Momentum 2022, May 23-26, Hollywood, FL
- McLeod Software: User Conference, September 25-27, Nashville, TN
- MercuryGate: Velocity 2022, November 7-9, Scottsdale, AZ
- Nulogy: xChange 2022, TBA
- Oracle: Oracle Cloud SCM Virtual Summit, TBA
- project44: Transform 2022, TBA
- RouteSmart Technologies: INTERSECT 2022, April 25-28, Orlando, FL
- SAP: SAP SAPPHIRENOW, TBA
- SMC3: Jump Start 2022, January 24-26 (Atlanta) and Connections 2022, June 27-29, San Diego, CA
- Trimble: in.sight User Conference 2022, August 14-17, Orlando, FL
- Transplace: Shipper Symposium 2022, TBA
Industry Conferences (chronological order)
- Link 2022 Retail Supply Chain Conference, February 20-23, Dallas, TX
- TPM Annual Conference, February 22 – March 2
- 2022 Food Shippers of America Conference, February 20-22, Orlando, FL
- MODEX, March 28-31, 2022, Atlanta, GA
- SITL 2022, April 5-8, Paris, France
- TIA 2022 Conference, April 6-9, San Diego, CA
- ProMatDX, NO EVENT IN 2022
- The 2022 IWLA Convention & Expo, May 2-4, Amelia Island, FL
- FreightWaves The Future of Supply Chain, May 9-10, Northwest Arkansas
- LogiSYM Asia Pacific 2022, May 18-19, Singapore
- LogiMat, May 31-June 2, Stuttgart, Germany
- GS1 Connect, June 7-9, San Diego, CA
- Reuters Supply Chain Execution 2022, June (date TBA), Chicago, IL
- The Logistics World Summit & Expo, August 17-18, Mexico City, Mexico
- Home Delivery World 2022, August 31-September 1, Philadelphia, PA
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) EDGE 2022, September 18-21, Nashville, TN
- ASCM Connect 2022, September 18-20, Chicago, IL
- The Logistics & Supply Chain Forum, September 25-27, Scottsdale, AZ
- Intermodal Europe 2022, November 8-10, Amsterdam
- 6th Annual European Supply Chain Management Strategies Summit, November 7-9, Berlin, Germany
- Transport logistic 2023, May 9-12, 2023, Munich, Germany
- WERC-DX, Virtual, TBA
- TMSA 2022 Logistics Marketing & Sales Leadership Conference, TBA
- LogiChem US 2022, TBA
- SCOPE Supply Chain Summit, TBA
- SCMA National Conference, TBA, Canada
- Transform Fest, TBA