As you read this, I’ll be on a 6-hour drive back home, after driving 6 hours yesterday to pick up my oldest son from college.
I also spent a busy two days at SAP Sapphire earlier this week (stay tuned for my takeaways).
Needless to say, I’ve logged a lot of steps and miles the past few days. And next week will be a busy one too, as I head to Manhattan Associates’ Momentum Conference in Phoenix.
Memorial Day weekend can’t come soon enough!
Until then, here’s the supply chain and logistics news that caught my attention this week:
- Flexport Taps Uber Freight Executive to Build Truck Brokerage (WSJ – sub. req’d)
- Amazon Overhauls Delivery Network to Dispatch Packages Faster, More Cheaply (WSJ – sub. req’d)
- SAP Introduces Transactional Carbon Accounting to Accelerate Climate Action
- Savant WMS and Locus Robotics Join Forces to Bring Cost-Effective WMS and Robotic Solutions to the Mid-Market
- Stacklok Announces $17.5 million Series A To Secure the Supply Chain of Software Deployment
- Wingcopter, Germany’s drone delivery startup, raises another $44M from the EIB (TechCrunch)
- TuSimple to lay off 30% of workforce, keep China business (TechCrunch)
- As Pandemic-Era Investor Fervor Eases, Money Gets Tight for Logistics Startups (WSJ – sub. req’d)
- Cass Transportation Index Report April 2023
- Mexico says renewed Texas truck inspections at border delaying freight shipments (AP)
I have miles to go before I sleep, so I’ll share my commentary in future posts.
Have a happy weekend!
Song of the Week: “The Walk Home” by Young the Giant