What if there was a talk show focused on supply chain and logistics topics?
I asked myself that question a little more than a year ago, which ultimately led me to launch Talking Logistics this past January. My goal was to provide supply chain and logistics executives, as well as students and young professionals, with an interactive and engaging platform to learn and network with “newsmakers and thought leaders” in the industry.
Over the course of the year, I’ve hosted 40 episodes on a variety of industry topics, and my guests have included supply chain and logistics executives from leading manufacturing and retail companies, professors from leading academic institutions, executives from third party logistics (3PL) and technology companies, and authors. I’ve also received great feedback from people who have attended the live episodes or have watched them on-demand. My favorite comment: “Talking Logistics is like an online Executive MBA course, with live lectures every Thursday and guest speakers who are experts in the field.” I couldn’t agree more.
In short, it’s been a fun and rewarding journey, and I am very excited for the year ahead. We have some great guests lined up and some new initiatives that we plan to launch in the weeks ahead. So, thank you to everyone who participated in Talking Logistics this past year and helped us to spread the word, and a special thank you to our sponsors who have supported us this year: C.H. Robinson, Descartes, MercuryGate, Ryder, and UltraShipTMS. Without them, Talking Logistics would not be possible.
In case you missed them the first time around, or want to watch them again, below are the most popular Talking Logistics episodes we aired this year. I encourage you to share this list with your colleagues, as well students, young professionals, and others who might be interested in watching these episodes or in attending future ones. They can sign up for our email and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube to stay informed about upcoming episodes and guests and to receive my blog postings on industry trends and news.
I wish you all Happy Holidays and continued health, happiness, and success in 2014. And I look forward to seeing you on a future episode of Talking Logistics!
- Important Factors to Consider Before Investing in a TMS (8,334 views)
- The Next Big Thing in Supply Chains: The Rise of Entrusts – A Conversation with Art Mesher, CEO of Descartes (2,819 views)
- Beyond the Calculation: How to Use Total Landed Cost for Supply Chain Benefits (2,497 views)
- Omni-Channel Fulfillment and The Future of Retail Logistics – A Conversation with Retail Executives Eric Morley and Will O’Brien (2,131 views)
- The Rise of Supply Chain Operating Networks (2,044 views)
- Important Skills and Experience Tomorrow’s Supply Chain Leaders Must Have (2,020 views)
- 4 Important Factors to Consider When Evaluating 3PL Partners (1,994 views)
- Why User Interfaces for Supply Chain Software Are Getting a Makeover (1,909 views)
- Why Supply Chain Innovation Matters in a Fast-Changing World (1,487 views)
- The Important Role of Packaging in Supply Chain Network Design and Optimization (1,343 views)