Last year, on the Thursday heading into Memorial Day weekend, I wrote the following:
As you read this, I’ll be driving to a baseball tournament with my oldest son, where we’ll spend the entire holiday weekend on baseball fields — practicing, playing, and cheering — with his teammates and 17 other teams from the region.
As I write this, it’s close to midnight and I haven’t packed yet, so I’ll leave you, without commentary, with the news that caught my attention this week.
It’s déjà vu all over again.
- Descartes Showcases Logistics Technology Platform Innovations at Global User and Partner Conference
- New JDA Category Management Functionality Seamlessly Delivers Localized Plans and Assortments
- Manhattan Associates and Verifone Announce Alliance to Advance EMV Readiness and Omni-Channel Digital Payment Technologies
- INSIGHT Improves Supply Chain Design Data Visualization
- Wal-Mart eyes Amazon in potentially costly e-commerce battle (Reuters)
- Senate advances fast-track trade bill sought by Obama (Reuters)
- House signs off on two-month extension for surface transportation funding (Logistics Management)
Have a happy holiday weekend!
P.S. I will share my takeaways from the Descartes Global User and Partner Conference in a future post, so stay tuned!
Song of the Week: “Shots” by Imagine Dragons