As 2015 comes to an end, a quick thank you to all of our readers, followers, and sponsors for another great year of learning and conversation on Talking Logistics. The numbers speak for themselves:
34 episodes produced in 2015, totaling more than 56,800 views and 1,360+ minutes of conversations with thought leaders and newsmakers in the supply chain and logistics industry.
204 posts published on a wide range of timely and important industry topics, including the most comprehensive weekly news roundup in the industry and thought-provoking and insightful guest commentaries from our sponsors.
More than 48,900 followers on LinkedIn and Twitter combined (a 176 percent increase from last year), including 1,540+ CXOs, 1,600+ VPs, and 2,280+ Directors across many vertical industries and geographies.
A 73 percent increase in pageviews and a 70 percent increase in visitors compared to last year.
But it’s the positive feedback we receive regularly from supply chain and logistics professionals like you that means the most to us. For example, here are excerpts from two emails we received recently:
I live in Brazil and I am a logistics enthusiast and work in the field. Talking Logistics is one of the few regular [email] subscriptions I kept after unsubscribing from a couple dozens of them, which filled my inbox everyday. I’m a fan, not only of the logistics related subjects you post, but of the introductory texts you often write. – Pedro B.
We have not met, I just wanted to drop you a note telling you thank you for your work and content that you continue to produce. As someone working in this industry the past 8 years, having read your posts and quotes in various [places] has helped to bring me more up to speed than any other resource out there. I know the work of producing such high quality work takes much time and effort, and just wanted you to know it is appreciated. All the best, and please keep up the great work. – Ben W.
On days when I wake up not knowing what to write about, or I’m suffering from a severe case of writer’s block, it’s comments like these that fill me with energy and purpose.
In case you missed them the first time around or want to watch/read them again, below are the most popular Talking Logistics video episodes and posts we aired/published this year. I encourage you to share this list with your colleagues, as well students, young professionals, and others who might be interested in joining our growing community. They can sign up for our email and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube to stay informed about upcoming episodes and to read our blog posts on industry trends and news.
Again, thank you for making this another fun and rewarding year on Talking Logistics. Happy Holidays and I wish you all continued health, happiness, and success in 2016.
Top 10 Video Episodes
- From Project to Continuous Business Process: The Evolution of Supply Chain Design (4,159 views)
- Legal Advice on Developing Successful Supply Chain Relationships (2,782 views)
- Leveraging Optimization to Unlock Value from Your Transportation Network (2,768 views)
- On Your Radar: Important Logistics Trends and Outlook for 2016 (2,623 views)
- Market Fluctuations in the Oil and Gas Industry: A Catalyst for Supply Chain Improvement (2,327 views)
- What Are Other Shippers Doing? Leading Practices in Transportation Procurement (2,166 views)
- The Panama Canal Expansion: The Impact on Logistics Strategies and Operations (2,057 views)
- The Time is Right to Focus on Yard Management (1,902 views)
- TMS Innovations for Small and Mid-Sized Shippers (1,824 views)
- Are Your Labor Management Capabilities Aligned With Your Omni-Channel Strategy? (1,689 views)
Top 10 Posts
- Bitcoin: A New Supply Chain Operating System?
- Built for Yesterday’s Consumer: The Demise of Malls and Traditional Distribution Networks
- Driver Networks and The Future of Last-Mile Delivery Operations
- The Rebirth of Transportation Marketplaces (UberCARGO, Cargomatic, and Freight Friend)
- Want a Better Supply Chain? Here Are 4 Reasons to Outsource Your Transportation Management
- The High Cost of Poor Supplier Relationships
- Amazon’s 3D Printing Trucks: A Quixotic Quest for Zero Delivery Time?
- Amazon Tests Robots for Warehouse Item Picking
- Find the Money – How a Transportation Spend Diagram Can Help
- The 3PL Industry is Suffering from Gresham’s Law
Note: Talking Logistics will be on holiday from December 23 – January 1. We will be back on January 4, refreshed and ready to go for another year of sharing insights and advice about what’s happening in the world of supply chain and logistics. Until then, here’s our final Song of the Week for 2015, “Bros” by Wolf Alice.