In this episode, Walt Heil, Senior Vice President at Kewill, discusses the myths and realities associated with global transportation management system (TMS) deployments. He addresses the following questions and more:
- Although transportation management systems have been around for more than two decades, with plenty of research and case studies showing the benefits of using a TMS, many companies still haven’t implemented one. In your experience, why are so many companies still on the sidelines?
- Do some companies still view TMS as being too expensive to implement? What is the perception vs. reality?
- What about the scope of TMS solutions: do you find that many companies still view TMS as being applicable only for domestic transportation, not global operations?
- The decision to implement a TMS or not is sometimes coupled with another decision: whether to keep transportation management in-house or outsource the operations to a third party. Are there any myths or misperceptions that factor in when the outsourcing option is in the mix?
- Can you share with us some case studies or customer examples that help bust these myths we’ve talked about?
- What advice would you give to companies to help them separate myths from realities when it comes to global TMS deployments?
After watching, post a question or comment for Walter and keep the conversation going!
Podcast version (click to play):