Andrew Kirkwood, SVP of Sales for 3PLs at JDA Software, discusses the challenges and opportunities third-party logistics providers (3PLs) face today and the role IT is playing in helping them meet their strategic objectives and customer needs. Andrew addresses the following questions and more:
- What new challenges and opportunities are logistics service providers facing?
- How do these challenges and opportunities differ by geographic region? By size of 3PL?
- Are 3PLs shifting away from developing their own proprietary solutions? If so, what factors are driving it?
- How are omni-channel and Internet of Things impacting the technology needs of 3PLs?
- Can you share with us some examples of how leading 3PLs are leveraging technology to differentiate themselves in the market and meet the needs of their clients?
- Where are your 3PL customers taking you? What types of solutions and services are they looking for moving forward?
- What attributes will define success for 3PLs moving forward in this changing supply chain world?
After watching, post a question or comment for Andrew and keep the conversation going!
Podcast version (click to play):