As 2016 comes to an end, a quick thank you to all of our readers, followers, and sponsors for another great year of learning and conversation on Talking Logistics. The numbers speak for themselves:
37 episodes produced in 2016, totaling more than 1,100 minutes of conversations with thought leaders and newsmakers in the supply chain and logistics industry.
212 posts published on a wide range of timely and important industry topics, including the most comprehensive weekly news roundup in the industry and thought-provoking and insightful guest commentaries from our sponsors.
More than 116,900 followers on LinkedIn and Twitter combined (a 137 percent increase from last year), including 3,650+ CXOs, 3,400+ VPs, and 5,400+ Directors across many vertical industries and geographies.
More than 60 podcasts on iTunes of our past episodes.
And we continue to receive great feedback from supply chain and logistics professionals like you, such as this email from D.P., a Global Logistics Manager at a specialty chemicals company after he discovered the podcast version of our episodes:
Wow, this podcast is fantastic and it hits on everything I have been looking for. I looked a few months ago for something like this but didn’t find anything but thought I’d look again today and found your podcast. Really fantastic and I appreciate your efforts with this podcast.
On days when I wake up not knowing what to write about, or I’m suffering from a severe case of writer’s block, it’s comments like these that fill me with energy and purpose.
In case you missed them the first time around or want to watch/read them again, below are the most popular Talking Logistics video episodes and posts we aired/published this year. I encourage you to share this list with your colleagues, as well students, young professionals, and others who might be interested in joining our growing community. They can sign up for our email and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and iTunes to stay informed about upcoming episodes and to read our blog posts on industry trends and news.
Again, thank you for making this another fun and rewarding year on Talking Logistics. Happy Holidays and I wish you all continued health, happiness, and success in 2017.
Top 10 Video Episodes
- Three Disruptors of Retail Workforce Management: Omni-Channel, Labor Laws, and Millennials
- Defining Success for 3PLs in a Changing Supply Chain World
- Distractions and Disruptions in Logistics: How to Thrive in the Ever-Changing World of Supply Chains
- The Keys to Developing Successful 3PL-Customer Relationships
- Is Workforce Planning the Weakest Link in Your Supply Chain Transformation Journey?
- The Impact of Omni-Channel on Logistics
- It Isn’t That Simple: Managing the Complexities of Parcel Shipping
- The Omni-channel Effect on Manufacturers: Strategies for Success
- Leveraging Modeling Technology for Continuous Supply Chain Improvement: The CHEP Story
- Making Internet of Things (IoT) Work in Supply Chain
Top 10 Posts
- The Biggest Mistake When Selecting a 3PL
- Why Use Augmented Reality in Your Warehouse or DC?
- Chipotle: The Latest Example of Why Supply Chain Risk Management Matters
- The Impact of SOLAS on Ocean Shipping and Data Management
- Are You Smarter Than a TMS?
- What’s the Big Deal About Cycle Counting?
- Using Modeling and Analytics to Design a Resilient Supply Chain
- Toyota and USPS See Opportunities for Blockchain Technology in Supply Chain Management
- Operational Excellence: Streamlining the Warehouse Layout Process
- Time to Squeeze Carriers for Better Rates?
Note: Talking Logistics will be on holiday from December 23 – January 2. We will be back on January 3, refreshed and ready to go for another year of sharing insights and advice about what’s happening in the world of supply chain and logistics. Until then, here’s our final Song of the Week for 2016, “End of the Line” by Traveling Wilburys.