I’m heading back to Death Valley.
The JDRF Rides are back this year, and together with several of my Logistics Leaders for T1D Cure (LL4T1DCure) teammates, I’ll be riding in Death Valley and Saratoga Springs again. Some teammates are participating in other rides too. Here’s the full list:
- Grand Rapids, MI (June 9-12)
- La Crosse, WI (August 11-14)
- Saratoga Springs, NY (September 8-11)
- Death Valley, CA (October 13-16)
- El Tour de Tucson, Tucson, AZ (November 17-20)
- Amelia Island, FL (December 1-4)
Do you enjoy cycling? Are you looking to explore new roads? Want to have fun with friends while supporting a great cause? Then join our LL4T1DCure team! Cyclists of all abilities are welcomed. Please contact me for details.
Also, if you’re a supply chain technology company or logistics service provider looking to sponsor a team, why not sponsor one with a higher purpose: a team with a mission to help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes, a disease that is affecting a rapidly growing number of children and adults around the world.
We have a variety of team sponsorship packages available, which include recognition on team website and social media, logo placement on team apparel, Talking Logistics deliverables, and other benefits. If you’re interested in learning more, please contact me. All sponsorship money goes to JDRF!
Why do we ride? For my daughter Hannah and all those living with the challenges of type 1 diabetes. Every mile we ride, every dollar we raise, gets us closer to a cure. Since 2016, we have raised over $284,000 for JDRF, the leading non-profit organization focused on T1D research. We’re hoping to raise over $50K this year as a team. Ride with us this year and help us reach our goal.
Thank you for listening.
Moving on, here’s the supply chain and logistics news that caught my attention this week:
- One of China’s Busiest Ports Jammed by Covid, Ship Delays (Bloomberg)
- LA Port Truckers Seek to Unionize in New Gig Work Showdown (Bloomberg)
- Freight Operators Plan to Deploy Thousands of Remote-Operated Forklifts (WSJ – sub. req’d)
- Robotics Pioneer Exotec Raises $335M Series D to Improve Supply Chain Resilience for Global Retailers
- FourKites Acquires European Supply Chain Visibility Leader NIC-place
- Blume Global joins supply chain sustainability group as founding member
- Trucker Tools Integrates with AirIQ to Expand Real-Time Shipment Visibility
- ShipMonk Acquires Ruby Has Fulfillment
- 7bridges raises $17M to automate logistics supply chains using AI (TechCrunch)
- ATA Truck Tonnage Index Increased 1% in December
It’s one of those Fridays where I’m already out of time. So, I’ll share my commentary in future posts.
Have a happy weekend!
Song of the Week: “Crutch” by Band of Horses