Welcome to April. The first of April.
You know what that means, right?
Of course you do, but can you spot the fake news headlines among the real ones below?
I bet you can, but which fake headline is closest to being true? Post a comment and let me know.
- Shanghai Covid-19 Lockdown Poses Fresh Test to Supply Chains (WSJ – sub. req’d)
- Airlines divert cargo from Shanghai, putting more pressure on rates (The Loadstar)
- Waymo starts testing fully driverless robotaxi rides in San Francisco (MarketWatch)
- Driverless Trucks Can’t Find Where to Park Either
- FedEx Plans to Test Autonomous Drone Cargo Delivery with Elroy Air
- UPS Expands Deal With Google Cloud to Prepare for Surge in Data (WSJ – sub. req’d)
- Surgeon General Says Too Much Artificial Intelligence is Not Good for Your Health
- Airhouse closes $11M Series A to help DTC brands manage logistics (TechCrunch)
- VC Mistakenly Kills Endangered Elephant While Hunting for Logistics Unicorn
- Automation Takes Center Stage in Tecsys’ New Omni™ WMS for Digital Commerce
- Forget Spreadsheets: How to Manage a Global Supply Chain with Post-It Notes
- Raj Subramaniam to Become President and CEO of FedEx Corporation; Frederick W. Smith to Serve as Executive Chairman
- Gartner: 100% of Supply Chain Executives Will Invest in Something by 2026
- Keppel T&T to divest entire stake in Keppel Logistics for S$80m (Business Times)
- STG Logistics Acquires the Intermodal Division of XPO Logistics
- “It’s a Freakin’ Mess Out There!” — First Company to Truly Achieve End-to-End Supply Chain Visibility Doesn’t Like What It Sees
- Boston Dynamics’ logistics robot is available for purchase (TechCrunch)
- Warehouse Robot Hacks Itself, Demands Ransomware Payment in Bitcoin
- Ports of LA, Long Beach to Collect Fee for Clean Truck Fund (MH&L)
- Stop Breathing! How Holding Your Breath Can Help Your Company Reduce its CO2 Emissions
Okay, I gotta stop fooling around and get back to work. I’ll share my commentary next week.
For April Fool’s posts from past years, check out:
- Excel Goes Blockchain (Microsoft And IBM Partnership)
- Breaking News: Walmart, Facebook, and Uber Form Strategic Alliance to Provide Unrivaled Commerce Experience
- Netflix Developing Original Series About Logistics Called “D is for Drones”
- Facebook, Google, and eBay Announce “Internet of Lost Things” Partnership
- Amazon Ups the Ante, Delivers Goods to Customers Before They Order Them
Have a happy weekend!
Song of the Week: “Foolin’” by Def Leppard