With the 4th of July holiday next Tuesday, I’m betting many people are taking the day off today (and Monday) to extend their time off.
At least that’s what I’m doing.
So, without further delay, here’s the supply chain and logistics news that caught my attention this week:
- Prologis To Acquire 14msf Blackstone Industrial Portfolio In $3.1 Billion Deal
- Yellow sues Teamsters for $137M — and ‘to save itself’ (Transport Dive)
- UPS strike “imminent” if pay agreement not reached by Friday, Teamsters warn (CBS News)
- B.C. port union issues 72-hour strike notice affecting more than 7,000 workers (CBC)
- Amazon launches local business delivery network (Axios)
- Gather AI acquires Ware to Become the Largest Autonomous Inventory Management Platform in the World
- SMC³ Launches Dynamic PriceBuilder: The Only Commercially Available Dynamic Pricing Tool to Consider Carrier-Specific Costs
- Trucking marketplace Convoy makes more layoffs, citing customer-service efficiency gains (GeekWire)
If you’re still reading this, thank you. But I won’t keep you any longer. I’ll share my commentary after the holiday.
Have a happy weekend!
Song of the Week: “Bloodbuzz Ohio” by The National