Frank McGuigan, President and Chief Operating Officer at Transplace, addresses the following questions and more in this timely and informative episode:
- With President Trump looking to shake things up – from renegotiating NAFTA to dropping out of the Trans-Pacific Partnership – what potential impact could these changes have on manufacturing and transportation in the U.S.?
- Regulations such as CSA, HOS, and ELDs have been hotly debated in recent years. How will these and other emerging regulations impact the transportation industry this year and beyond?
- How would you characterize capacity today — is it tightening, staying the same, loosening — and what do you expect will happen in the months ahead?
- What impact is Uber, Amazon, and other new entrants having on the transportation market? How should existing service providers and shippers respond?
- Do you see additional progress happening this year with driverless trucks? What are you hearing from shippers, carriers, and truck manufacturers about driverless trucks?
- What new transportation management systems (TMS) capabilities are customers looking for today? What benefits are these solutions providing?
Podcast version (click to play):