In this episode, Tyler Owen, Senior Director Solution Strategy at JDA Software, discusses the disruptive impact omni-channel, millennials, and labor laws are having on retail workforce management. He addresses the following questions and more:
- How is omni-channel impacting workforce management, both at distribution centers and at stores?
- Is omni-channel changing the way retailers hire and train associates? Are certain skills or knowledge more important today than in the past?
- What impact are millennials having as both consumers and as employees in the retail workforce?
- Do retailers need to do anything differently to hire, train, and retain millennials in their workforces?
- Can you highlight the potential impact new and pending legislation might have on workforce management?
- How can technology and workforce management solutions help retailers overcome these different challenges? What capabilities should they look for in a workforce management solution?
- What questions should retailers ask themselves to assess whether they’re ready to address the disruptive impact of omni-channel, millennials, and labor laws on workforce management?
After watching, post a question or comment for Tyler and keep the conversation going!
Podcast version (click to play):