I am off this morning to get a tour of Locus Robotics. Earlier this week at MODEX 2018, the company announced the release of Locus Robotics Advanced Navigation 3.0™ (LRAN3 or “Puffin”) that “significantly increases the agility and performance of Locus’s robots in the warehouse, enabling LocusBots to quickly adapt to changes in their environment, in real time.”
According to Rick Faulk, CEO of Locus Robotics, “Locus Robotics Advanced Navigation 3.0™ addresses one of the most challenging aspects of fulfillment robotics and automation: the dynamic nature of the warehouse. LRAN3 enables LocusBots to actively adapt to minute-by-minute changes within a facility, identifying obstacles and navigating tactically around them, to successfully complete their mission.”
I look forward to seeing these robots in action and learning more about this technology, which is becoming increasingly important as e-commerce continues to grow rapidly and labor availability and costs become more challenging, especially for logistics service providers.
So, as I head out the door, running late as usual, here’s the rest of this week’s supply chain and logistics news that caught my attention:
- XPO Logistics Launches Single-Entry Platform for Multimodal Freight Transportation Solutions
- BluJay Acquires German Customs Solution Provider, CSF Solutions
- Trump Proposes Rejoining Trans-Pacific Partnership (New York Times)
- Walmart Relaxes Deadlines for Some Deliveries Amid Driver Crunch (Bloomberg)
- Geodis warehouse inventory takes off with drones (Air Cargo News)
- Trucking Hiring, Logistics Payrolls Surged Last Month (WSJ – sub. req’d)
- U.S. Warehouse Market Getting Closer to Balance (WSJ – sub. req’d)
- Logistical Labs Launches New RFP Management Product, BidDex
- Hyperloop Transportation Technologies Begins Construction on World’s First Full-Scale Passenger & Freight System
- Chinese self-driving truck start-up to roll out unmanned port logistics services in second half of 2018 (South China Morning Post)
Have a happy weekend!
Song of the Week: “Sober Up” by AJR feat. Rivers Cuomo