Having to spend two extra nights in Barcelona (paid for by the airline, along with meals) because your flight home gets canceled doesn’t sound too bad. Unless you haven’t been feeling well all week and you were really looking forward to getting home. In that case, two extra nights feel like an eternity.
I made it home, but I’m still not feeling 100%.
All I can say is TGIF.
I’ll keep it brief today: here’s the supply chain and logistics news that caught my attention this week without commentary.
- Uber Freight doubles down on enterprise technology, unveils next generation product roadmap with AI-powered logistics
- Transporeon unveils three platform innovations
- Loadsmart Acquires Computer Vision Startup NavTrac
- UPS to Acquire MNX in Strategic Move to Expand Global Healthcare and Time-Critical Capabilities
- Dexterity AI and FedEx Unveil First-of-its-Kind Robotics Trailer Loading Technology
- Shippeo Delivers Real-Time Transportation Visibility through Google Cloud Marketplace
- California bill to have human drivers ride in autonomous trucks is vetoed by governor (AP)
- Turmoil Over Migrants at U.S.-Mexico Border Is Straining Trade Flows (WSJ – sub. req’d)
- Alibaba will spin off its logistics arm Cainiao in an IPO in Hong Kong (AP)
- Logistics Companies Grow Cautious on Holiday Hiring (WSJ – sub. req’d)
- China and Japan shippers are worst emitters, says U.N. report (Nikkei Asia)
Have a happy weekend!
Song of the Week: “Closer” by The Fixx