I dreamt about my father this week.
It had been a long time since he last appeared in one of my dreams. I don’t remember much, except he was sitting in a chair and talking to me about a problem he was having, and I told him “Why don’t you just go online and send them a message?” and he said he couldn’t go online because every time he tried, it interfered with his phone.
I remember thinking in the dream, “I know what my sister and I need to get Papi for the holidays.”
And then I woke up.
The dream makes no sense to me, but it was nice to see my father again, after so much time apart, if only in a dream.
In this week’s supply chain and logistics news…
- American Eagle Outfitters to Buy Quiet Logistics for $350 Million (WSJ – sub. req’d)
- Draft of vaccination rule released; trucking didn’t get an exemption (FreightWaves)
- Corporate Climate Pledges Often Ignore a Key Component: Supply Chains (New York Times)
- E2open’s Ocean Shipping Index Reveals 70-Day Average to Ship Freight Globally
- Announcing the Microsoft Cloud for Manufacturing preview
- Uber Announces Results for Third Quarter 2021
- Ulta Beauty partners with DoorDash for same-day delivery (USA Today)
- Ryder Teams Up with Georgia Tech for Industry’s First Data-Driven Study on Impact of Autonomous Trucking
- TuSimple readies autonomous runs to UPS hubs in Florida, North Carolina (Transport Dive)
- Driverless delivery company Nuro nabs $600M and partners with Google (VentureBeat)
- Where Are All the Truck Drivers? Shortage Adds to Delivery Delays (WSJ – sub. req’d)
- Clogged U.S. supply chains lead to cargo theft (CBS News)
I’m on borrowed time this Friday, so I will share my commentary next week. Have a happy weekend!
Song of the Week: “The Dark End Of The Street” by Dave Gahan & Soulsavers