As we enter the last month of 2021, it’s clear from the long list of news items below that there will be no intermission in this supply chain show. The curtain will remain up and the disruptions, delays, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital investments, and new product introductions will remain on stage. And just when you think you know what’s going on, a new character and plot twist will appear from stage left, like the new coronavirus variant Omicron, to add another dose of risk and uncertainty.
Enjoy the show.
- FTC launching probe into supply chain disruptions, orders documents from Amazon, Walmart and more big retailers (ABC News)
- Made in the U.S.A., but With a Supply-Chain Reboot (New York Times)
- Amazon poised to pass UPS and FedEx to become largest U.S. delivery service by early 2022, exec says (CNBC)
- Amazon Expands Trucking Program to Europe (The Information)
- As U.K. Beckons Truck Drivers, Many in Poland Say ‘No Thanks’ (New York Times)
- Ashley Furniture Affiliate Set to Acquire Wilson Logistics Assets (TransportTopics)
- Supply-Chain Snarls Hit Production of Trailers Needed to Haul Goods (WSJ – sub. req’d)
- Instacart Plans 15-Minute Delivery Trial as Rival Startups Grow (The Information)
- E2open Launches Two New Applications – Supply Sensing and Global Logistics Orchestration – Plus Innovation Across all Suites of Platform in its Quarterly Technology Update
- Descartes Announces Fiscal 2022 Third Quarter Financial Results
- 3Gtms Launches “Smart Start for Freight Brokers” TMS Implementation Program
- Transportation Insight Holding Company Acquires SwanLeap, Creating Comprehensive Multimodal Transportation Management Platform
- Werner Enterprises Acquires Leading Final Mile Carrier NEHDS Logistics, LLC
- Nulogy and OMP partner to serve multi-enterprise connected CPG supply chains
- 3PL Central Acquires CartRover to Drive Seamless Integrations for Omnichannel Fulfillment
- CloudTrucks Raises $115 Million at $850 Million Valuation in Series B Funding Led by Tiger Global
- The Panama Canal Plans to Charge a Greenhouse Gas Fee (The Maritime Executive)
- Biden Administration Issues Cybersecurity Directives for Freight and Passenger Rail (WSJ – sub. req’d)
- Labor Talks to Start in 2022 at Congested West Coast Ports (WSJ – sub. req’d)
I’m short on time today, still catching up from the Thanksgiving holiday last week. So, I’ll share my commentary in future posts.
Have a happy weekend!
Song of the Week: “The Only Heartbreaker” by Mitski